Submissions to DIFF Film Fellow Programme is now open.
The Dharamshala International Film Festival (DIFF) is happy to announce the 3rd edition of the DIFF Film Fellows programme.
This initiative hopes to encourage and develop filmmaking talent in the Himalayan regions of India by providing an opportunity to young, up-and-coming filmmakers from the area to attend DIFF 2015 and participate in its various events, which include screenings of the best of contemporary independent cinema, and masterclasses and workshops held by visiting filmmakers and industry professionals. Selected participants will also have the opportunity to engage in special one-on-one mentorship sessions with visiting filmmakers.
Each applicant must send in a completed application form and a link to a short film that she or he has directed. Based on this, five young filmmakers will be selected as part of DIFF Film Fellows 2015. The programme will cover all their travel arrangements (2AC train), and food and lodging for the duration of the festival. Applicants should be available to to come to Dharamshala for up to one week for the fellowship.
Rules and Regulations:
1. The DIFF Film Fellows programme accepts applications from aspiring Film Directors.
2. Applicants must be in the age group 18 to 30.
3. Applicants must be from one of the following Himalayan regions:
Jammu & Kashmir
Hill regions of West Bengal and Assam
4. Applicants must send a completed entry form and a link to a short film directed by them.
5. Films submitted must be shorter than 20 minutes in duration. They can be an excerpt from a
longer film (do not send the full film)
6. Films can be submitted as a link on Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
7. Films that are not in English must be subtitled.
8. Films can be in any genre: fiction, documentary, experimental, or animation.
9. A panel of industry professionals will judge the entries and their decision will be final.
10. The deadline for sending applications is 16 August 2016
11. Successful applicants will be notified by 19 September 2016
To apply for the 3rd DIFF Film Fellows Programme, please download the application form below.
The completed application form should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 16th Aug, 2016.
Subject Line – DIFF Film Fellows Application.