DIFF Film Fellows 2017
Submissions to the 4th DIFF Film Fellows Programme are now open.
Dharamshala International Film Festival (DIFF) is proud to announce the fourth edition of the DIFF Film Fellows programme.
This initiative aims to encourage and develop filmmaking talent in the Himalayan regions of India by inviting five young up-and-coming filmmakers to attend DIFF and participate in events including screenings of the best of contemporary independent cinema, and masterclasses and workshops conducted by industry professionals, with whom they will also have the opportunity to engage in one-to-one mentorship sessions.
Each applicant must send a completed application form and a link to a short film she or he has directed, and be available to attend the entire fellowship programme in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh. Five winning filmmakers will then be selected and provided with travel to and from, and food and lodging, during the programme.
Rules and Regulations:
1. The DIFF Film Fellows programme accepts applications from aspiring Film Directors.
2. Applicants must be in the age group 18 to 30.
3. Applicants must be from one of the following Himalayan regions:
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Himachal Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Hill regions of West Bengal and Assam
4. Applicants must submit a completed entry form together with a link to a short film they have directed.
5. Films submitted must be shorter than 20 minutes in duration but may include excerpts from longer films. In the latter instance, please do not send the full film.
6. Films can be submitted as a link on Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
7. Non-English-language film must be subtitled in English.
8. Films may be of any genre: fiction; documentary; experimental; animation; etc.
9. A panel of industry professionals will judge the entries and their decision will be final.
10. The application deadline is 31 August 2017.
11. Successful applicants will be notified by mid-September 2017.
To apply for the fourth DIFF Film Fellows Programme, please download the application form below and send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 31 August 2017.
Subject Line – DIFF Film Fellows Application.