From 30 October to 2 November 2014, India’s quirkiest, coolest and most eclectic film festival will once again descend on the multi-cultural, multi-ethnic town of McLeod Ganj in Dharamshala.
DIFF 2014 will continue to build on the hallmarks that makes the festival a cutting-edge cultural event in the Himalayas: an intimate and carefully curated film festival where film aficionados can watch films, meet filmmakers, and for a few days, live and breathe cinema, all in the shadow of the majestic Dhauladhar mountains.
This year’s programme includes:
- Showcasing approximately 24 full-length feature films and documentaries, and a selection of short animation films, selected from the best of contemporary independent cinema.
- Inviting around 12 filmmakers from India and abroad, film critics, and industry and media personnel, to attend the festival.
- Holding Masterclasses and Workshops, including a Special Animation Workshop conducted by India’s leading animation filmmaker, Gitanjali Rao
- A package of the best of new Indian short films curated by filmmaker Umesh Kulkarni; and a selection of animation films from around the world curated by animation filmmaker Gitanjali Rao.
- Organising a Food, Arts and Crafts Fair for the duration of the festival at our main venue, the Tibetan Institute of Performing Arts (TIPA).
- Conducting special Outreach Programmes to local schools and colleges to ensure their participation and involvement in the festival.
- Initiating the DIFF Film Fellows Programme, in which a selected number of young filmmakers from the Indian Himalayan regions will be selected to come to the festival, attend film screenings, masterclasses and workshops, and engage in one-on-one mentoring sessions with established filmmakers.
High on the flanks of the magnificent Dhauladhar mountain range, far from the noise and chaos of urban India, DIFF 2014 promises to deliver yet another unusual and memorable cinematic experience. Don’t miss it! We look forward to welcoming you to DIFF 2014.
Stay up to date with all the latest happenings at DIFF2014 by following us on Facebook.